The stories of my life on a little island in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ... and my occasional adventures beyond these shores.

Thursday 18 December 2014

Whatever the outcome, it’s finally over.

Hello everyone. After 4 very crazy months of working, training, studying and just generally trying to keep my head above water (with much help from my family), I can finally say that my test is behind me and I can go back to doing what I love to do. Picking up my books again after 20 years was hard but giving up my personal free time, when I already seem to have so little of it, was a great deal harder. But that’s all behind me now and if this whole experience has taught me one thing it’s that, despite my scientific streak, I always was and always will be a lover of words; the more I studied indisputable scientific facts, the more I missed the dreamy world of the written word.
So, to make up for that, I have a number of books on my Christmas wish-list this year. We’ll see if ‘Santa’ will oblige. I hope so, because I’ve been very, very good. Apart from Amazon, there are two other sites I love to purchase books from: World of Books (which is a website that sells used books) and Play (where you can buy new or used books and shipping is free to any destination in Europe). I know that we are just a week away from Christmas but if you are planning on buying a book for a loved one or a friend and need some recommendations, head on over to Jeanne’s Brown Paper Book Club. I am sure you will find something that you like.
Ornaments 014
I’ll keep it short for today as I am sure you are all busy preparing for the most wonderful day of them all. But don’t get too preoccupied with things, unleash your inner child and enjoy the magic of this beautiful season.
Ornaments 010

8 comments:

  1. Sweet! Thanks for the link to World of Books. I didn't know that one and am off to scour it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Loree - so glad your schooling is behind you and looking forward to reading more of your lovely words. They always warm my heart. Now treat your self and put those feet up and dive into something wonderful to read - hugs and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on Finishing Your Studies!
    Thank you for the recommendations on bookselling websites.
    The holidays are always better when there's a new book to unwrap.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What were you studying?
    So happy it is over and you feel good about the outcome~happy holidays to you and yours dear Loree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know too what was the exam for..........DO TELL US!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!I know it will be extra SPECIAL this year.................I bet your little BOY is dancing about.I hope he has written his letter to SANTA!!!XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!!!! Oh I am so, so happy for you that you did it, it is over and now you can (hopefully) relax a bit and enjoy the holiday season. Whew!! And thank you for telling me about Play - very excited and am going to check it out now. :)
    Gros Bisous and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Loree! This is wonderful to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a job well done! Hoping Santa will bring you plenty of reading to enjoy as a reward for being so good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I read and appreciate every one of your comments. I will do my best to reply whenever I can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails